Most risks associated with Colonics are related to poor clinic hygiene, poor practices, unqualified persons conducting the procedure and finally not using disposable single use kits.
Given the sensitive nature of the procedure, self-administering the rectal speculum is not recommended as often it is inserted the wrong angle, the wrong depth and certain medical conditions such as rectal polyps, fissures, growths, haemorrhoids etc.. are not excluded prior insertion.
Colonic hydrotherapy is very safe providing it is done correctly. Scraping and damaging the rectal wall trying to insert the speculum is not a good start and completely avoidable when conducted by a qualified Colonic Hydrotherapist.
Top Dozen Plus Questions to Ask ………..
- Do I receive any information as to how to best prepare myself before my colonic so I can get the best results?
- Do I get screened by a qualified colonic hydrotherapist before my colonic to check if there are any contraindication to treatment?
- Will I be assisted? Click here to find out why this is one of the most important questions to ask
- Does the clinic use disposable kits (speculums and hoses)?
- Does the clinic filter and use UV light on all water used by the Colonic machine?
- Where is the Colonic machine made? (Germany or China)
- Is the colonic machine & surfaces cleaned after each procedure with hospital grade cleaning agents?
- Who does the disinfecting?
- Does the colonic room have hands free basins?
- Does the clinic offer ensuite toilet and shower facilities?
- Does the room and facilities look and smell sparkling clean?
- What qualifications does the Colonic Hydrotherapist have? (Hydrotherapy + Level 2 First Aid Certificate) and are their qualifications Australian or overseas?
- Does the Colonic Hydrotherapist keep records of treatment history, clinical findings and methodology?
- Does the Colonic Hydrotherapist have public liability insurance?
- What Associations is the Colonic Hydrotherapist a member of and do they have any other additional qualifications such as Naturopathy, Nutrition, Acupuncture etc..?
324 total views, 2 views today