In order to examine and diagnose a condition properly, it usually takes at least 2 visits to gather all the information before any diagnostic decisions can be made.
Your 1st Consultation includes:
Discussing your medical history:
Discussing your medical history regarding previous injuries, accidents, traumas or illnesses that may be impacting your current spinal health. Discussing in detail the reason you are seeking help. What your current symptoms consist of, what aggravates or relieves the condition, how long you have had these symptoms, have you previously suffered the same in the past, what caused the onset etc….
A thorough physical examination:
A thorough physical examination which includes muscle strength tests, joint mobility/flexibility tests, nerve tests and orthopaedic tests. The test results signify important information that guides our Chiropractors to a diagnosis.
We use an iPad program that takes snapshots of your posture and runs an analytical report from the information gathered. This is a great tool especially when we compare the before and after postural photos as most people are quite surprised at the overall results.
Referral to a local radiological centre
Referral to a local radiological centre that bulk bills should you require further investigation depending on your history and examination findings. This a massive saving as x-rays can cost over $250 if they are performed without the medicare rebate.
Your 2nd Consultation includes:
- Discussing your X-Rays with you and what health implications these findings may signify.
- Viewing the results of your postural assessment. We can also email the postural photos and report so you can show your family. This is a great tool especially when comparing postural assessments…….the “before” and “after” photos.
- Discussing what all your results mean and answering all your questions and concerns.
- Answers to any other questions you may have.
- A report outlining what we have found and rehabilitative exercises that you can begin with.
- Treatment recommendations for immediate relief and long term health goals.
By the end of your two Consultations, you will have a clear understanding of your problem without any medical jargon regarding:
- What’s wrong
- Can we help you
- The most likely cause of your condition
- How long it will take to get better
- How to avoid reoccurrences
- What lifestyle changes you need to introduce to help your recovery and avoid reoccurrence.