Choosing a CAM Walker off the shelf can be tricky as it depends on your diagnosis. When consulting with our physios or podiatrists, they can advise what type of CAM boot is best for you (tall or short), provide an accurate fitting and important clinical advice relevant to your particular injury/condition to accelerate your progress.
Features and benefits:
- A great alternative to a plaster cast following trauma or post-operative procedure when clinically indicated
- Offers support & comfort following trauma or post-op
- Conforms to the limb for a comfortable & secure fit
- Non-skid rocker sole
- Lightweight design
- Soft integrated pump allowing the liner to be inflated for comfort, compression and control at the ankle
Common Injuries where CAM Boots are prescribed include:
- Non-displaced (bones have not moved apart) fractures
- Moderate to severe ligament strains and sprains
- Tendon tears and avulsions
- Moderate to severe trauma-related joint injuries
- Heel pain where conservative treatment has failed
- Plantar fasciitis where conservative treatment has failed
- Post-operative stabilisation
- Rehabilitation where walking needs to be introduced gradually.
To view “things you need to know whilst wearing a CAM Boot” click here
Whilst our front desk reception staff are friendly and help whenever they can, they are NOT trained health professionals so they cannot offer any advice such as type or size of CAM boot or assist in the fitting. The best help they can offer is to book you in with someone that can!