Our Physiotherapist, Joseph Huynh graduated from La Trobe University with a Bachelor of Applied Science and a Master in Physiotherapy Practice. In addition to this, he has attained qualifications in strength and conditioning from the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association.
Joseph has previously worked in hospital settings, private practices in Melbourne as well as various local and elite sporting clubs. This has allowed Joseph to treat a range of injuries and conditions in many settings. He is well known for his hands-on approach and meticulous evidence-based care, resulting in optimal patient management. He has worked with local athletes in many sports including football, soccer, rugby, tennis, and cricket.
Joseph uses targeted manual therapy and comprehensive rehabilitation strategies to achieve best results for his patients. His rehabilitation philosophy is to find the underlying cause of the problem and to address that cause along with other contributing factors. This is achieved through numerous methods such as rehabilitative strengthening to not only treat the problem but to also reduce the chances of reoccurrence. As an avid soccer player himself, he understands the importance of proactive injury management and building long-term resilience.
He has a special interest in lower limb rehabilitation (foot, ankle, knee and hip), tendon issues, long-term injury rehabilitation and sports-related injury rehabilitation and prevention.
Joseph is currently a physiotherapist at Melbourne City Football Club and is the Head Physiotherapist at Pascoe Vale Football Club.
Away from work Joseph enjoys soccer, running, reading as well as mentoring aspiring physiotherapy students.
- Bachelor of Applied Science & Master of Physiotherapy Practice
- ASCA level 1 (Physio)
- Sports Physiotherapy Level 1
- DMA Pilates Level 1
Involvement with Teams and Associations
- Physiotherapist for Melbourne City Football Club (Soccer)
- Head Physiotherapist for Pascoe Vale Football Club (Soccer)
- Physiotherapist for Sandringham Dragons Girls NAB League (AFL)
- Sports Trainer for Melbourne City Football Club (Soccer)
- Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
- Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA)
- Sports Medicine Australia (SMA)