To Lose Fat We Need To Burn Fat…..Do You Burn Fat?
For over a year now our Clinical Nutritional Strategist Kirsten Tuzee has been working with metabolic testing technology on a wide variety of people, including overweight and healthy weight individuals, the elderly and professional athletes. The results surprisingly showed just how many people actually burn 0% fat!
In order to lose body fat, we need to burn fat. Even if we are at a healthy weight, it is still important that our body knows how to, and does, burn fat.
There are many reasons why we might not be burning fat, some including:
- If we graze all day we feed our bodies a consistent energy supply, therefore our metabolism burns what we have just eaten for energy, not fat from our fat stores. For some people, periods of fasting can be beneficial, but for others, changing the type of meal or snack is what will kick in the bodies fat burning ability – everyone is different.
- Our lifestyle can have a huge impact on our fat burning ability. If we lack sleep and/or if we are stressed, there is an interplay between hormones which turn off our bodies ability to burn fat.
- Caffeine and alcohol can also dampen fat burning ability.
- The type of foods we eat determine if we burn fat, and what percentage of fat we burn if we are burning fat.
- A high carbohydrate diet regardless of how many calories you consume can reduce fat burning or inhibit fat burning.
There are so many factors that can cause us to lower our fat burning ability, and in some cases, and quite commonly, completely inhibit the fat burning process.
The good news is that it is possible to change our bodies fat burning metabolism. From our nutritionist’s clinical experience, we know that it is possible to go from 0% fat burning to efficiently burning fat within a couple of days.
At Brunswick Health you can find out your fat burning ability with our indirect calorimetry technology. Before going on certain diets (i.e. before cutting out caffeine, alcohol and starting intermittent fasting!), it is imperative to know what your body is doing and how it is reacting before any unnecessary dietary intervention is engaged. Cutting out caffeine, alcohol, and fasting might not be what you need.
You may also be interested in:
156 total views, 4 views today